West Houston Chinese Church (WHCC) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian church with 800+ members, holding services in English, Mandarin Chinese, and Cantonese. We are a growing congregation and seek staff who want to use their talents and skills to help build the kingdom of God.
This position is full-time and includes a competitive benefits package (health, dental, and term life insurance as well as a 403B retirement package). The position includes a continuing education budget and flexibility to pursue your studies.
- Must be a Born-Again Christian
- Strong organizational/administrative skills.
- Bilingual Chinese and English (verbal, writing, typing) preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required for effective interface with all contacts at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Must have a positive attitude of genuine caring for the congregation, staff and visitors at all times and poise under pressure
- Maintain a servant’s heart and a cooperative team spirit with staff, volunteers and congregation
- Computer training and experience in word processing, the internet and data systems, preferably MS Office and MS Publisher.
- Willingness (teachable) to learn new technology and other skills
- Regular church attendance is required (attendance at WHCC is preferred)
- Personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of ministry.
- Answer phone calls, e-mails and mail courteously.
- Responsible for the preparation of church-wide communications, which includes but not limited to: weekly worship bulletins (electronic and paper), web page updates, and electronic and printed newsletters.
- Organize and maintain church calendar.
- Pick up, distributing and disseminating all mail and correspondence.
- Maintain all church documents on all areas of church life, business, facilities and ministry, including the church database (TouchPoint) and its use.
- Know schedules and whereabouts of all personnel and how to contact them in an emergency
- Recruit, train, and coordinate the office volunteer staff to assist church ministries.
- Prepare certificates for all church programs (confirmation, baptism, etc.).
- Make posters, flyers, announcements, calendars, charts, schedules, etc.
- Assign classrooms and church facilities for meetings and activities.
- Ordering and maintenance of office supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates special projects for the pastoral team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.