Children's Minister/Director (Full Time)
Post date: June 7, 2018
Status: Full Time
Contact: Email [email protected] with subject line RE: Children’s Minister/Director Position or call 713-935-9422.
West Houston Chinese Church (WHCC) is a non-denominational evangelical Christian church with 800+ members, holding services in English, Mandarin Chinese, and Cantonese. We are a growing congregation and seek staff who want to use their talents and skills to help build the kingdom of God.
This position is full-time and includes a competitive benefits package (health, dental, and term life insurance as well as a 403B retirement package). The position includes a continuing education budget and flexibility to pursue your studies.
- Minimum 3-5 years of children ministry experience required (preferably in a church setting)
- Christian College or seminary degree preferred
- Collaborative team player who can work with a multi-cultural staff and environment.
- Self-starter who can independently lead an entire ministry, its staff, and volunteers.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time with strong organizational, people, and communication skills
- Agrees with WHCC statement of faith
- Refine and cast children’s ministry vision to staff, teachers, and other ministries.
- Disciple, train, and develop children’s ministry deacon, coordinators, and teachers.
- Advocate for the children’s ministry to the Pastoral Staff Team.
- Collaborate with other ministries to coordinate special program opportunities.
- Update church council with children’s ministry events and decisions.
- Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, and other children’s ministry techniques.
- Sunday School Program
- Oversee the development and implementation of classes and execute curriculum efficiently.
- Recruit and retain teachers for the Sunday children’s program.
- Study and understand the spiritual and developmental needs of children.
- Plan teachers’ retreat, appreciation, and annual teacher training events.
- Children’s Special Programs
- Lead special children’s programs (Easter, Mother’s and Father’s Day performances, Infant dedication).
- Coordinate and provide resources for all children’s programs for church-wide events (prayer meetings,Good Friday program, church retreats, missions conference, Christmas evening service, etc.)
- Develop new children programs as needed within our church and the greater community.
- Caring Ministry
- Meet with children and families as needed to help provide care, support, or guidance.
- Care for children’s ministry leaders and volunteer workers.
- Send regular updates on the ministry and prayer requests to teachers and parents
- Assist in educating adults about parenting and children issues.